This easy English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich with turkey bacon, egg and cheese is my go-to egg sandwich and the best way to start the morning!
English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
Skip the drive-thru and make your own breakfast sandwiches! Nothing makes me happier than an egg sandwich for breakfast, and these healthier English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches take less than 10 minutes to whip up. They’re also easy to make ahead and refrigerate or freeze to reheat during the week. More of my favorite healthy breakfast sandwich recipes are this Bacon Avocado Bagel Sandwich, Breakfast BLT, and Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap.
A Lighter Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich
If you love a bacon egg and cheese mcmuffin, you will love this sandwich. It’s a lighter McDonald’s English Muffin sandwich made with turkey bacon, cheddar cheese and egg served on a whole grain English muffin.
Breakfast Sandwich Ingredients
- English Muffin: Toast two whole-wheat English muffins.
- Turkey Bacon: Cut two slices of turkey bacon in half.
- Cheese: Use sharp cheddar cheese
- Eggs: I fried the eggs and kept the yolks runny, which I love, but you can cook them to your liking. You can also scramble them if you prefer.
- Salt and Pepper to season the eggs
- Optional: Top with hot sauce, ketchup, mustard, or any other condiment you like.
How to Make English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches
- Toast the English Muffins: Slice the muffins in half, top with cheese, and toast in the toaster oven or broiler about six inches from the flame until the cheese melts.
- Cook the Eggs: Crack the eggs in a nonstick pan, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, and cook on low, covered, until the yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Assemble the Sandwiches: Place the bacon on one muffin half and the egg on the other, and top with condiments if desired.
How to Make Ahead
You can double or triple this easy breakfast sandwich recipe as needed. Scramble the eggs instead of frying them and assemble the sandwiches. Individually wrap each one tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat from the fridge, microwave the sandwich on a microwave-safe plate for 45 to 60 seconds or warm in the toaster oven until heated through.
How to Make Ahead and Freeze
Individually wrap each one tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat from frozen, place the sandwich on a microwave-safe plate, cook for one minute, flip, then cook for another minute or until heated through.
- Meat: Swap the turkey bacon for ham, Taylor ham, center-cut bacon, Canadian bacon or a turkey sausage patty.
- Bread: Switch up the bread and use gluten-free muffins, rolls, bagels, or sliced bread.
- Cheese: Substitute cheddar with Pepper Jack, provolone, mozzarella or Swiss.
- Seasoning: Season the eggs with everything bagel seasoning or Tajin.
- Vegetables: Add avocado, red onion, or tomato.
- Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich: Leave out the meat.
- Make It Dairy-free: Skip the cheese or use dairy-free cheese.
More Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Open the English muffins, top with a slice of cheese and toast in the toaster oven or broiler about 6 inches from the flame until the cheese melts (careful not to burn).
Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with oil and cook the turkey bacon as directed.
Set aside and spray the skillet with more oil.
Crack the eggs in a nonstick skillet, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper and cook on low, covered until the yolks are cooked to your liking, I like to keep them on the runny side but you can also make them scrambled.
To make the sandwiches: place the bacon on one side and the egg on the other.
Top with optional condiments, if desired.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Make it dairy-free: Skip the cheese or use dairy-free cheese.
Make it vegetarian: omit the turkey bacon.
Make them ahead: Double or Triple the recipe as needed. Scramble the eggs and assemble sandwiches. Wrap each individually tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat from fridge, place sandwich on a microwave safe plate and cook 45-60 seconds, or until heated through or reheat in the toaster oven.
*calculated with Velveeta
To freeze: Wrap each individually tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, place sandwich on a microwave safe plate and cook 1 minute, flip then cook an additional minute, or until heated through.
Serving: 1 sandwich, Calories: 242 kcal, Carbohydrates: 29.5 g, Protein: 18.5 g, Fat: 9.5 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 211 mg, Sodium: 671 mg, Fiber: 8 g, Sugar: 3.2 g